Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thoughts while Jogging (Or Yogging)


I went jogging today (some might pronounce it “yogging”) and some strange things ran through my head. It may have had something to do with the chat I had beforehand with Michael Phelps but, regardless, my brain was in a slightly bizarre place today. This is some of what I was thinking about as I ran...

-In the movies , when they jump onto a moving train from above…you can’t really do that. Maybe if the train is going REALLY slow and it’s all those open flat cars like in Texas. But the train passed me below while I was running up on the cliffs and I thought there is No Way I could land on that thing. It goes way too fast. MAYBE, I could have had a chance if I jumped before the train passed, but that might not end well.

- I live in California now! (Yes, it’s been over a year, but sometimes it just hits me out of nowhere)

- I don't know my license plate number

-Del Mar is a really gorgeous place to live. The flowers are already starting to bloom on the paths along the ocean cliffs and it’s only February. You east coasters should get yourselves out here for a refreshing sunny long weekend while you are still dealing with winter, and fares are cheap.

-I saw a fat man with a surfboard go down some steep oceanfront cliffside path that I’ve never seen before, and I thought if *he* can make it…so I followed him. It was really fun, and I didn’t fall on my ass. And then I realized…

-I should check the tides before I decide to venture down some steep cliffside path and run along the ocean. It’s quite wet. But then I realized…Rocks are fun to jump on!

- I haven’t changed my Brita since I’ve lived here. I moved into my place last March. Is California water ok to drink?

-Shit, I’m totally in love. It happened out of nowhere in about 6 weeks and it’s the greatest thing ever. Except the part about turning me into a sappy wuss. I’m still adjusting to that.

-The Donovan Frankenreiter show at the Belly Up was so great the other day, I think I’m going to try & get tickets on the street Thursday for the other show. And then try to get him & the band to join us for an after party. He’s just one of those people that you get a great vibe from, and I think he’d have a fantastic time jamming with my neighbors.

-The I-pod shuffle is one of the greatest inventions ever. It makes you forget you are running, and takes the fear out of skiing. Thank you Apple.

- I was looking at my leg and thought I saw some sort of muscle definition happening in the quad area. I was quite proud of myself. About 10 minutes later, I realized it was a smear of black dirt creating a shadow of faux muscle tone.

3 comments:

Michelle and Todd Russell said...

LOL. I love this post honey-bear. GREAT read.

Chris Barber, SeriousRunning.com said...

I hate it when dirt shadows make me look more cut than I really am too!

Way to just go check out a new path on your running trail. It's sounds like you found a beautiful path. Grip and rip.

Nocturnal Admission said...

Shit, was all thinking i would book me a ticket for a long weekend and then I read the "in love" part ... who is this fella?