Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Costa RRRRRRRita

So I've been a blog slacker lately. After tax season ended, the handsome boyfriend & I joined a few others in Playa Avellanas, near Tamarindo in Costa Rica for a week. It was beautiful and jungly and hot and somewhere in between 2nd and 3rd world, and I loved the slow pace of life and lack of phone and internet connectivity. And accidentally repeatedly calling their money Cojones instead of Colones.

If you're planning to visit, don't even think of going without a 4WD vehicle...they have a very loose definition of the word "road" down there.
I'd also avoid the next few months, as rainy season is about to hit.
And Continental. They are not so good with the luggage checking thing. His still hasn't turned up. And the "customer service" we received involved being lied to multiple times, and then hung up on. Thanks to the generous Geneva Convention, the limit for lost international luggage is a whopping $640. Luckily, guys don't need much more than a bathing suit, some flip flops, and sunscreen to make it through the week. He was a real trooper about it, although I think he was secretly lamenting the loss of his bag of protein powder. (Not readily available in the jungle)

Aside from the amazing waves, tasty food, and ziplining, we saw monkeys!! All over the place. They lived up to their name, and howled like wolves in the woods. Check out this baby one jumping through the trees.


Stay tuned for future post of the letter to Continental, sharing our feelings about the lost luggage experience. I may need some help from my gals Kelly "Sometimes I like to write letters", Amy "that must be some amazing elevator", and Jackie "free stay at the 4 Seasons" as I am thinking they should compensate us with something like Elite Status for Life and No Checked Bag Fees.

Sometimes I Like to Write Letters # 2

Jerk Hammering

No comments: