Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Dig Swiffering, and other thoughts

I got a new Swiffer recently. Hadn't swiffered in over a year and forgot how much I really enjoy it. It's not quite as intense as a workout, or even a yoga class, more like a mild soothing stretch. But one where your floors end up clean in the end, and I'm all for two birds with one stone.
If you've never swiffered before, they have a dry version and a wet version, but both work on the same lightweight stick. I personally go for the dry then wet combo. But sometimes I find the dry-dry-wet combo even more effective. And for floors that have been neglected a bit, you may need the heavy duty dry-dry-wet-wet combo.

Have you been following this space shuttle drama? Very exciting stuff. Apparently, the Hubble telescope is old and broken and we sent up some astronauts to fix it. But there is a 1 in 220 chance they'll get hit with space debris and get stranded. Then we'll have to send up Another space shuttle to rescue them via spacewalk. And if that isn't exciting enough....then they'll have to set a self destruct code on the broken space shuttle and blow it up. Leaving more space debris behind to hit them next time they go fix Hubble.
Maybe I'll send NASA some swiffers.

In lighter news, this week on tv I watched Tyra say sometimes you need to have an "outer" body experience. It reminded me of a certain verbally challenged friend I have. And then Ramona on NYC Housewives tried to say "kudos" (I think) and she enthusiastically said "kadoos" to us. And speaking of NYC Housewives, is it me or is this Kelly chick completely loony? Either she is boozing it up a bit or has some memory or personality disorder.

As for world news, I have to say that I am kind of excited that there are still pirates out there. I feel bad for the people whose ships they hijack. But pirates in 2009 is pretty cool if you ask me.

In you learn something new everyday news....
Did you know that you can't give a belly fart to a dog?
I was very disappointed. It makes a warm swell, and the dog looks at you funny, but the fur muffles any intended sound.

No comments: