Friday, January 16, 2009

Is that a grenade in your pocket...?




Philip? Is that you?
He just doesn't look like a Phil to me...

Yesterday in the news, I saw my future boyfriend Johnny Knoxville was in some trouble with the law. Something about trying to bring a (non-working) grenade on an airplane at LAX. As I read on, I learned that his real name is Philip John Clapp. I figured Knoxville wasn't real, but had read he was John something. He just doesn't look like a Phil to me. Phil Knoxville doesn't really work either. Do these people name themselves or does some agency do it? I found myself online looking at celebrity real name sites (I know, I have too much free time these days) and some of them surprised me.

Did you know that Maya Angleou was born Marguerite Johnson?
Tori Amos' real name is Myra Ellen Amos.
Judy Garland = Frances Gumm.
Whoopi Goldberg = Caryn Johnson.
Robert Palmer = Alan Batley.
Joan Crawford = Lucille LeSueur
John Denver= Henry John Deutschendorf
Kirstie Alley= Gladys Lehman

Some people just change or drop their last names...
Billy Idol is really William Broad
David Copperfield is really David Kotkin
Meg Ryan = Margaret Hyra
Demi Moore= Demi Gynes
Natalie Portman = Natalie Hershlag
Stevie Wonder = Steveland Judkins
Winona Ryder = Winona Laura Horowitz

A few quizzes for you...no google cheating...
Name these celebrities...
1) A rocker born William Bailey
2) tan big guy Terry Bollea
3) Sexy crooner born Noah Kaminsky
4) everyone's favorite, Bernice Frankel
5) funny man Jacob Cohen
6) wig afficionado Reginald Kenneth Dwight

Oh and btw- I heard from a trusted source that Johnny/ Phil does not look so dazzling in person. I was crushed. Anyone seen him lately?

1 comment:

Nocturnal Admission said...

Whoopi doesn't look like a Caryn. and why would anyone think Joan was better than Lucille or whatever?

Word verification = Cress