Friday, December 12, 2008

Favorite Australian Signs and Street Art - Sydney and Byron Bay




So I have this thing with signs. Here are some of my favorites from my recent Australia trip.




I was a little timid opening the gate from my hotel. I pictured trains zooming up and down the beach. And were they going to come in the gate if I didn't close it? It was too much to process. I just wanted to get to the beach.
In reality, it was an abandoned sand filled railway track.
Trains sadly no longer go to Byron Bay. They turned the train station into a bar and tourist office.


these feet signs creeped me out. like little kafka-esque villain creatures that come out at night and chase you in the crosswalks...


Hey, you, stop! Where are you going? Who's going to drive the bus?



Don't Even Think of Stopping Here. It's the Mail Zone.




Not exactly where I wanted to be. But am curious how they settled on those particular dates...




They look like they are having a good, but slow time to me.


For the tourists...




I love Australia.
Don't US park signs say "Keep off the grass" ?...




They wouldn't have sprung for the sign if it hadn't happened before...




I think these people have been delicately frolicking across streets since the 1950's...




No Bombing caught my attention, But I like the Shallow Water Guy Best


And some interesting Street Art

My favorite...












And fun at the local t shirt store



That's all for now...will get to part II another day. There is a classic one from Cairns. Stay tuned.

No comments: